EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENTS
Appropriate behavior is essential for a successful learning environment and is expected at all times in the classrooms, in the school building and at off-school sites at all times. Students will be accountable for their behaviors. Interventions will be used to correct unacceptable behavior. Personal accountability is demonstrated when the student:
- Regularly and punctually attends all classes;
- Comes to class prepared with necessary books and supplies;
- Participates in class activities and completes all assignments;
- Reflects a positive and responsible attitude toward learning;
- Exhibits age appropriate choices, behavior and actions that lead to solutions rather than problems.
- Challenges himself/herself to attain exemplary education goals;
- Demonstrates respect for himself/herself and others;
- Demonstrates respect for the property of himself/herself and others;
- Follows rules set by the school and the classroom teacher;
- Accepts responsibility for his/her own belongings.
- Conforms to the dress code.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
Use of Technology and the Internet: Use of technology at Hamilton Academy is a privilege. Unauthorized use of hardware, software or Internet access is prohibited. Failure to follow procedures outlined by the lab instructor and posted rules is a violation of school policy.
Students may not sell any items at school or school functions unless they do so for school-sponsored fund-raisers or with the written permission from the Principal or his/her designee.