MISSION: HAMILTON ACADEMY
The mission of Hamilton Academy is to work in collaboration with the community, parents, students and stakeholders to prepare our students be successful both academically and socially in a democratic society.
EDUCATIONAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To help students realize their full potential.
2. To provide an innovative educational opportunity for Kindergarten through Eighth grade students.
3. To use proven strategies and curriculum to help students achieve grade-level achievement in core academic subjects and to meet grade-level expectations on standardized educational tests.
4. To prepare students to be academically successful and productive members of society.
5. To facilitate students in recognizing examples of quality, ethics, and teamwork in life and to prepare a plan for life.
6. To assist students in recognizing that career and job choices depend on academic preparation and planning, and that personal success can be achieved through education.
Are you interested in serving on the Board of Directors?
Hamilton Academy is always looking for volunteers to serve on the Board of Directors. Serving on the Board is a volunteer position and is a rewarding way to give back to the community.
Academy board members are public officials who are appointed by Detroit Public Schools and swear a constitutional oath of office. All new board members must be Michigan residents and U.S. citizens.
For more information, click on this link, to the Detroit Public Schools Community District Charter Office, Charter School Boards tab.
Detroit Publci Schools Community District Charter School Board Member Application